Monday, February 28, 2011

Not Quite Big Enough.....


And then I knew……
As you threw back your head
And laughed
Free and easy
As you held me
In your bluest gaze
As you tromped through the snow
Ahead of me
In your boots one size too large
Or when you talked with your mouth full
Because you could not wait
As you said ‘I love you’
And gave me your valentine card
Two weeks late
As you squeezed my hand
While we prayed
And as you heard with me
And agreed…brooks do laugh,
As you named your purple teddy bear 'purple'
And cried because you let your brother's friend
Color your favorite picture
Then I knew
My heart will never be quite big enough
To hold all of the love
I have
For you

Mom~
Otherwise known as Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!