Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Face in the Mirror....


You do not say one thing but mean another
There is no mystery in you I need to discover
I know more than I really care to
I know the undisguised truth about you
Your desires, your regrets, your thrills
I’ve beheld first-hand your clash of wills

Skin forms lips, cheeks, a nose
My eye-lids, they open, they close
But skin is merely a cover of flesh
The face in the mirror has no secrets
That I have not been privy to
Oh, yes, I know all about you….

……..of what makes you laugh, or weep
Of thoughts you caress before you sleep
I know what makes your pulses race
I know the person behind that face
I view it with startling clarity
I know that face; it represents me

Janet~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!