Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Ode to the East Window

PAD Challenge day 8:For today’s prompt, write a thing poem.
That is, pick an object to write a poem about.

 
 This morning's East-window Originals...




If not for you to frame the view of break of day then I would miss
The often speechless wonder of Creator’s grand good morning kiss
Where night, like a charcoal cocoon cradles a glorious butterfly
And as the darkness falls away it spreads its wings across the sky

My kitchen wall is like a hall showcasing Morning’s Grand Release
Each seasonal Original, Masterpiece after Masterpiece
And I would be remiss not to immortalize this in a poem
Each still-life like a costly painting in my humble home sweet home

The years go by but still my eye is tuned to what unfolds within
The rectangle around the rubric of life’s triumphs and chagrin
And I could stare for hours at the awesome artwork in your frame
Where even after all these years no two are ever quite the same

…so here’s to you, east window that inspires worship and reply
Where break of day spills fiery color-trays across canvas of sky
And come what may you always display testaments of God’s kind grace
Where He parts gates just far enough to almost glimpse the Artist’s face

© Janet Martin

 But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: 
for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble.
Ps.59:16 KJV


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!