Monday, November 6, 2017

In Praise of Friends...





For today’s prompt, write a praise poem. 
Praise a person; praise a deity; praise your favorite food. 
If you ask me, there’s not enough praise to go around in this world; 
let’s fix that today–with this poem. 
Praise someone or something, even if it’s just your morning coffee.




I had a day out with friends today to celebrate a 50th birthday, (Happy birthday, Jan:)
...so it is only fitting to praise the blessing of good friends!
 

A friend is like a favourite book
We read again, again
They are the laughter in our ‘glad’
The pillow in our pain

A friend is like a precious poem
The beauty of each line
Etched in a page-less treasure-tome
Word cannot quite define

A friend is like a gift from God
I pray that I may be
The kind of friend to you, my friend
That you have been to me

© Janet Martin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!