Monday, November 6, 2017

A tweaked re-run just for fun:) In Praise of Perfection In a Can...


For today’s prompt, write a praise poem. 

 
He wakes me up each morning
Much to my delight
He knows exactly what I need
And how to do it right
I stay a little sleepy
Until I feel his touch
His warmth flows into, through me
I love him oh, so much
 
 
Maxwell, you’re a darling
I keep you in a can
And can't wait until morning
To kiss your face of tan
Your deep and robust passion
  Ignites me to the core
And oh, I know I cannot
Live without you anymore
 
 
Love, you don’t have to worry
No one can take your place
I sip you and inhale you
With a smile upon my face
Maxwell, you’re a darling
I love your coat of blue
And in the early morning
Nobody else will do
 
Maxwell, you’re a keeper
Perfection in a can
I wonder what would happen
IF YOU WERE A MAN
 
Janet Martin 

2 comments:

  1. I remember and still find it clever! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :);0 Thnx. wasn't sure if this silliness was appropriate for a fifty-something-er but my love for coffee excuses it, I think...

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!