Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Wake In Me (a Careful Wanting)

 Life is like a flower blooming on the grave that claims it due...



***

I love the group of fellow-believers I gather with
every Tuesday night, to open God's Word together,
to learn, to worship, to meditate on God's goodness and holiness,
 and to challenge and encourage each other in our walk by faith!

***
This morning my devotion included this glorious passage from Titus 3-
(which is kind of a continuance of our focus/discussion last night; 
God's holiness and our response/attitude in return
and our assurance of salvation through His shed blood)

4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared,
 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, 
but because of his mercy. 
He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,
 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior,
 7 so that, having been justified by his grace, 
we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.
 8 This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, 
so that those who have trusted in God may be careful 
to devote themselves to doing what is good. 
These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.

***

A Prayer...
Wake in me a careful wanting for a heart, humble and true
Shield me from the futile flaunting of the follies of this world
Fill me, through Your word with wonder at the holiness of You
Awe me with the sacred splendor of love’s Majesty unfurled

Show me, oh, my precious Savior, (lest I stray) the way to walk
Let me not forget hope’s favor You suffered at Calvary
Fix my eyes in the direction of the cross You did not balk
Make my life like a reflection of the love that pardoned Me

Let no carnal care consume me with love’s opportunity
Life is like a flower blooming on the grave that claims it due
Thus Lord, wake a careful wanting for more of Your love for me
May it thwart the tempter’s taunting because of my love for You

© Janet Martin



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!