Saturday, March 30, 2024

Remembrance Hymn

 




Oh, let me not forget
To let hope intercede
For He who died to pay sin’s debt
Has met my greatest need

And let me keep in mind
With every breath I take
The mercies of a God so kind
Who suffered for my sake

Then, when troubles befall
Forbid, I should despair
But with unshaken faith recall
God’s love beyond compare

The love that did not shirk
The cross, nor fled its dread
But endured till the finished work
Had crushed the serpent’s head

Nothing I wrought could win
The grace that I received
That saved me from the wage of sin 
The hour I believed

Oh, let me not forget
The cross that Jesus bore
On my behalf, to seal the ‘Yet’
Of life forevermore

Then, let no dearer laud
My fleeting frame entice
Than to be, for the love of God
A living sacrifice

© Janet Martin

Romans 12:1
Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters,
 in view of God’s mercy,
 to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, 
holy and pleasing to God—
this is your true and proper worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!