Saturday, March 16, 2024

Oh My God, Since Thou Art With Me

When I am tempted to despair
God bids me lean on Him in prayer
There He tramples the enemy
As He whispers His peace to Me


The world may sometimes seem like a different place
 than in 'the good, old days'
 but it isn't really. Evil has always been evil 
and God has always been faithful and good!

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them:
 because greater is he that is in you,
 than he that is in the world.



Ps.18:2
The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; 
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; 
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.




Oh my God, since Thou art with me
Thou who givest life its breath
Thou who walked the way to Calv’ry
Thou who bore love’s cross, to/through death
Thou, whom death could never conquer
Thou, whose Name grants hope its goal
Thou, the Victor of grave’s plunder
Thou, the Saviour of the soul
Thou, who satisfies Want’s hunger
Through Thy everlasting word
Thou, who fits us with faith’s armour
Thou, whose will is undeterred
Thou, who orchestrates each season
Thou who numbers all our days
Thou, whose ways transcend our reason
Thou, whose love never betrays
Thou, who never will forsake us
Thou, whose promises secure
Thou, whose favor longs to make us
More like Thee; holy and pure
Oh, my God since Thou art with me
To commune and commandeer
Thou, whose Light transcends death’s valley
What have I to dread or fear?

Oh, my God, since Thou art with me
Thou who suffered for my sin
Thou whose blood out-poured, redeems me
Thou, whose Spirit dwells within
Thou, my Comforter in sorrow
Thou, my fortress, come what may
Thou who bidst me not to borrow
Morrow’s troubles for today
Thou who cheers me in the struggle
Thou, who guards me from despair
Thou, who is my help in trouble
Thou, who hears my earnest prayer
Thou, whose purpose will not falter
Thou whose power will prevail
Thou, who beholds worship’s altar
Thou, whose Ransom will not fail
Thou, who receives my confession
Thou, Forgiver of sin’s shame
Thou, who keeps no record of them
To crush joy with guilt or blame
Thou whose Goodness overwhelms me
Thou whose mercy overrides
Oh my God, since Thou art with me
What have I to need besides?

Oh my God, since Thou art with me
Thou who holds Time in Thy hands
Thou, Cradle of eternity
Thou whose Supreme Say commands 
Thou, whose Provision is perfect
Thou, whose judgments never err
Thou, who is changeless in edict
Whose love is beyond compare 
Thou, who stepped from Heaven's glory
To be sin's Atonement Lamb
Author of Salvation's Story
I AM who I say I AM
King of Kings and Lord of Lords, yet
Thou, Redemption's Once-For-All
Thou, who broke the curse sin beget/begot  
Thou, who saves us from The Fall
Thou, who did not spare His body
But with selfless sympathy
Put on flesh, became nobody
Suffered in all ways, as we
Thou, who rent the veil to ritual 
Thou who saves us by His grace
Oh my God, since Thou art faithful
Who could ever take Thy place? 

© Janet Martin



John 17:3
And this is life eternal, 
that they might know thee the only true God, 
and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Psalm 100:5
For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting;
 and his truth endureth to all generations.

Psalm 93:2
Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!