Thursday, December 29, 2022

With Love that Never Fails (As Surely as the Morn)



But as for me, I will sing of Your strength;
Yes, I will joyfully sing of Your faithfulness in the morning,
For You have been my refuge
And a place of refuge on the day of my distress.
17 My strength, I will sing praises to You;
For God is my refuge, 
the [t]God who shows me favor.
Psalm 59:16-17


We can so easily get caught up, attracted and distracted by what we see
rather than what we know is so because God said it!
The One who constantly awes us with masterpieces
of morning sky and nature's my-oh-my,
He is our refuge and strength!





Though so much seems to fail
Never The Hand that draws
The break of day across the vale
That groans with mercy’s cause/laws
And unfolds in the palm
Of grace, the molten sky
And parts the wingspan of the dawn
Like a new butterfly

Where we, creatures of dust
And mist/must of numbered days
So often fail to fully trust
The higher thoughts and ways
Of He who never fails
Is spite of what some say
Even while mercy’s Hand unveils
And grants another day

Where morn-to-morn unfolds
(a twinkle in time’s eye)
Exteriors that man beholds
Beneath fringes of sky
Where so much seems to fail
When weighed by what we see
In worship’s hour of travail
Before eternity

Consider this, dear friend
Before we shake a fist
And curse He whose mercies attend
Both saint and atheist
Who makes the rain to fall?
Who does love emerge from?
Who paid sin’s ransom, once for all?
And calls on all to ‘come’?

He knows each creature care
And suffered every one
Because Love did not choose to spare
The status of His Son
A manger met His birth
A cross displayed His death
Where no one could fathom the work
Fulfilled at his last breath

Then, though so much seems loss
Remember, we behold
As they who stood beneath the cross
But fringes of the Whole
Where, though thought’s logic fails
Never the Hand of He
Scarred with the imprint of the nails
That set death’s captives free

He is the King of kings
He is the Lord of lords
Who bore salvation's sufferings
Beneath the thrust of swords
With love that never fails
As surely as the morn
The landscape of life's path unveils 
His mercies are reborn 

© Janet Martin

As surely as the morn
The landscape of life's path unveils, 
His mercies are reborn 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!