Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Not a Once-and-Done Thing-Surrender

 

This poem was inspired in part by a conversation with a friend yesterday,
who has suffered some severe disappointments in the past few years 
and what appears to the naked eye, to be setbacks
resulting in trying physical and financial challenges!
But, I was so struck by the beauty of her spirit of surrender to God's will
as she spoke about joys she is discovering through her walk by faith, not sight.
Not easy by any stretch, but real! and a reminder for all of us
to yield and trust rather than fret and doubt!
On our own journeys (my own journey) of surrender,
 I pray, Oh Lord, for more
'trust with all my heart rather than leaning on my own understanding'!

Ah surrender, you are not once and done, but pray
with each surrender we demolish another stumbling block to full surrender!

Only Trust Him-Alan Jackson



The joy of surrender, oh, how can it be
Relinquishing want’s anxious hold
To trust in the Lord, where, though faith cannot see
It rests in the truths He has told

The peace of surrender, oh, how is it so
To yield amidst trouble’s travail
To the kind assurance God’s word will bestow
To know that He will never fail

The heart of surrender, oh, sweet, sweet release
To commit/submit to God’s perfect will
To find in the place of my pining, His peace
As storms of selfish struggle still

The bliss of surrender, unreserved and true
The beauty of bowing, undone
Allowing God’s Spirit to will and to do
The work He has barely begun

© Janet Martin

I remember my grandmother reminding me
'surrender is only a battle if we put up a fight'.

Utterly impacted; oh, that it could be
That the love of God would work
 love’s miracle in me!

Psalm 37:5
Commit your way to the LORD; 
trust in Him, and He will do it.

Prov.3:1-8
My son, do not forget my teaching,
but let your heart keep my commandments;
2for they will add length to your days,
years and peace to your life.
3Never let loving devotion or faithfulness leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.
4Then you will find favor and high regard
in the sight of God and man.
5Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and lean not on your own understanding;
6in all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He will make your paths straight.
7Be not wise in your own eyes;
fear the LORD and turn away from evil.
8This will bring healing to your bodyb
and refreshment to your bones.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!