Monday, June 27, 2022

Everlasting Treasure

Psalm 143:8
Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning;
for in thee do I trust:
cause me to know the way wherein I should walk;
for I lift up my soul unto thee.

Psalm 144:15
Happy is that people, that is in such a case: 
yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD.

Psalm 139:23-24
Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;
And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.

Jim and I went on a rural Ontario drive yesterday...


We got caught in the middle of a bit of a different kind of traffic-jam!
after Sunday afternoon instruction classes for baptism were over...



This is the time of year when ditches become wild flower gardens







As enjoyable as the drive was, like all outings
its pleasure is momentary...
Earth simply cannot offer anything everlasting...

Here is a treasure worth seeking!


This is no fruitless endeavor
This is no fool’s gold we seek
When we search the Holy Scriptures
We will find strength for the weak
We will find the road to glory
We will find hope for the soul
We will find love’s sweetest story
For the faith that makes us whole

We will find God’s kind forgiveness
Righteousness, wisdom and joy
Counsel, comfort, Friend and fortress
That no power can destroy
We will find the Rock of Ages
Guidance, armour for the fight
When we search these sacred pages
Full of grace and truth and light

When we search the Holy Scriptures
When upon God’s Word we feed
We will find unfathomed riches
To supply our every need
Here is peace past understanding
Earth’s anchor to Heaven’s throne
Here is assurance unending
Refuge and Chief Cornerstone

When we ask we will be given
When we seek, there we will find
When we knock our God will open
The door of heart, soul and mind
…this is no fruitless endeavor
Here God hears us when we call
Here is everlasting treasure
Without measure, free to all

© Janet Martin

Isa.55:6
Seek the LORD while he may be found;
 call on him while he is near.

My soul longs for You in the night; 
indeed, my spirit seeks You at dawn. 
For when Your judgments come upon the earth, 
the people of the world learn righteousness.

I have not spoken in secret, from a place in a land of darkness.
 I did not say to the descendants of Jacob, 'Seek Me in a wasteland.'
 I, the LORD, speak the truth; I say what is right.

Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth; 
for I am God, and there is no other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!