Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Birthday Wish/Prayer...



Happy 30th Birthday, Emily!
(which means your dad and I are celebrating 3 decades of parenthood!!)

Wishing you...well, read the poem😊💖🙏
Love, Mom



A world of lovely wishes fills my heart for you today
I wish you health and happiness and joy along life’s way
I wish you friends and family to cheer the path you trod
But even more I wish for you a humble faith in God

…because all other wishes without Him seem incomplete
Without greater assurance than this sorry world can mete
So, though I wish you wonders that will make you sing and dance
I wish you, above all, the joy and peace faith in God grants

I wish you courage in the face of opposition’s dare
I wish you lots of laughter, lots of kisses, lots of prayer
I wish for you a crown of wisdom forged from smiles and tears
And faith in God that dearly deepens with the passing years

I wish for you, role models that are trustworthy and true
And love, because love makes worthwhile the smallest tasks we do
But above all I wish what only God’s Word can provide
A Light unto your path to be faith’s infallible Guide

I wish for you awareness of God’s mercy, new each morn
For motherhood’s (servanthood’s) sweet gladness that oft leaves love weary-worn
But, above all the wishes full of favor and delight
I wish for you true faith in God, until faith becomes sight

Today I bind my birthday wishes for you into prayer
That God would bless and keep you in His everlasting care
That through the highs and lows that love and life are sure to mete 
Your faith in Him will be the hope that makes your joy complete 

© Janet Martin

(a wish for all your siblings too for all your lifetime through)

Psalm 16:8-11
I keep my eyes always on the Lord.
With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure,
10 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,
nor will you let your faithful[b] one see decay.
11 You make known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.


OH! the cake?!

another first time fav!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!