Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Under The Umbrella of God's Care

Today's poem was partly inspired by my morning prayer as I asked God to please spread
His care like an umbrella over me and the kiddos that others entrust to my care...

The verge of what will be soon merges with all that has been
Whether valleys shadowed with death or pleasant pastures green...

While the kiddos play or 'help'...



... I sometimes find things to putter about with...


Pinch me! I feel like I just bedded down the gardens,
and though this may be a bit premature, (because yes,
 I do see the snowflakes in next week's forecast)
I just can't resist the urge to merge with garden-dirt a bit


(because the neighbors got a dog, we sorta did too😀)
(Yesterday morning while I was working in the kitchen I heard a clatter in the laundry room.
apparently the back door did not latch properly
after I hung out the laundry and this dog made himself at home without knocking😂

Nothing is better for a man than that he should eat and drink, 
and that his soul should enjoy good in his labor. 
This also, I saw, was from the hand of God.
Eccles.2:24

Ah, here we are, not very far from learning’s next affair
But always underneath the kind umbrella of God’s care
Because showers of blessing come in every shape and size
Some welcomed with wide open arms, some hard to recognize

We never know what waits to show its face with smile or tear
But oh, the more we trust, the less each of us has to fear
God, we are prone to groan beneath the weight of ‘what might be’
Help us to learn to lean on you with faith’s humility

The gold of beaming rampart unfolds like a work of art
From the grail of God’s mercy to the cup of human heart
Where, here we are, not very far from Love's unfailing Hand
All that we need to do is reach and He will help us stand

The verge of what will be soon merges with all that has been
Whether valleys shadowed with death or pleasant pastures green
We kick the dust of want and must; it rises but to fall
God's grace spreads like an umbrella over one and all



© Janet Martin

The gold of gleaming rampart 

unfolds like a work of art...


4 comments:

  1. How beautiful Janet, wonderful words and images. I don't think I've ever seen your garden all put away like that - amazing how barren it looks, yet it'll soon become so full and rich with blooms. We've already had warm weather, and I did some yardwork, I too feel that I prepared the garden for the winter only yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank-you Sasha:) Yes. it sure is barren with the snow gone! But it will be another 2 months before the transformation of green begins! The warm temps we are enjoying will soon drop to more seasonal ranges meaning more snow and chill wind before spring turns warm to stay! I am so glad to get a head-start on yard-work though! Especially with eager, willing helpers:)

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!