Monday, March 29, 2021

Divine Design (updated)

.(here is the update mentioned this morning)

Last night my nephew's 19 mo. old son went missing
on their farm.
His body was recovered today in a manure pump.
Please pray for strength and comfort
for my brother Stuart and their family and
esp. for my nephew and his wife, Charles and Andrea!

I will say of the LORD, 
“He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”
Psalm 91:2

The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer. 
My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield,
 and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

But the LORD has been my stronghold,
and my God is my rock of refuge.






No matter what designs the must of trials we pass through
In Thee oh, Lord we place our trust; our refuge is in You
With gaping wounds of heart and soul, beneath the blows of loss
We plead for faith to make us whole by looking at the cross
For when life’s cup of joy is marred by sorrow’s agony
You reach with Hands redemption-scarred; our refuge is in Thee

The places that once brimmed with love and laughter’s harmony
Are full of tears, our visage dimmed with groaning sympathy
To Thee oh, Lord we pour our prayer; when understanding fails
Help us to place our burden where Your faithfulness prevails
To lean upon your promises for they are kind and true
No matter what designs the test, our refuge is in You

© Janet Martin

 


2 comments:

  1. Oh Janet, just saw this. What a tragedy. My deepest condolences and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!