Friday, August 21, 2020

By God's Grace We Go



Each hurdle we have overcome
Does not mean we are good
Each vice to which we don’t succumb
Each test we have withstood
Each success that we celebrate
Each victory we applaud
Each kindness that we demonstrate
All by the grace of God 

By God's grace we achieve the goal
By God's grace when we fall
His goodness and love will console
If on His name we call
For not one iota of worth
Is self-effected, no
But every day while here on earth
Tis by God's grace we go

..so pray to Him and lean on Him
God keeps His promises
When life is dark and hope seems dim
He never forsakes us
Each difficulty that we face
Each sorrow and each groan
By the kind mercy of God's grace
Will be a steppingstone
 
For none are righteous, no, not one
We all need forgiveness
By His grace we receive pardon 
If we our sins confess
If we humble ourselves before
The God of earth and heaven
The gift of grace He will outpour
And His strength will be given

© Janet Martin
 
Romans 8:26
 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. 
We do not know what we ought to pray for, 
but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.
 
2 Co.12:9
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, 
for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, 
so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!