Saturday, March 28, 2020

Torrent of Tick and Tock




It runs us through and through
Where soon the new is old
And what we once were sure we knew
Must stretch and reach and fold

Triumph and defeat meld
Like paint upon a tray
The dream, always somewhat withheld
To drive us day to day

…a rush of highs and lows
Soon tatter like a reed
Tossed in a wind that stilly blows
And turns the bloom to seed

Alas and hip-hooray
Turns seasons into years
In dappled dash of day to day
A lifetime disappears

But look; the paling sky
Allots to push and pull
A fresh-from-heaven me-oh-my
To be lived to the full

...and not to be received
With hearts that pine and brood  
But to let our best be achieved
Through humble gratitude

© Janet Martin

some references in this poem like 'push and pull' and 'painter's tray' might be
inspired, due to the fact that I've been painting for the past few days...
Laundry room and kitchen dining area done...


main kitchen today if life allows.
Four years ago I start painting the kitchen,
suddenly life crowded in and four years disappeared.
so this time, by hook and by crook,
I hope to finish it! 

So teach us to number our days,
 That we may gain a heart of wisdom.
Psalm 90:12

1 comment:

  1. I love that colour.. so fresh.
    You are so good at decorating too.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!