Monday, March 16, 2020

Everything We Need...


If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
    if I settle on the far side of the sea,
 even there your hand will guide me,
    your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
    and the light become night around me,”
 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
    the night will shine like the day,
    for darkness is as light to you.
Psalm 139:9-12

Hope lights earth’s sky-wide wick
And woos the night away
Where dawn cuts darkness to the quick
And so begins Today

Today is always new
An ‘all together’ race
Of people privy only to
A moment-metered grace

Grace that does not withhold
Its vowed sufficiency
But overflows an ancient mold
With love's kind clemency

Clemency from a throne
Of command unsurpassed
Where nothing is new or Unknown
In time’s communal cast

…cast with uttermost care
To a most careless breed
Forgetful to the point of prayer
Too oft by fear and greed

Greed for what is not ours
Fear’s lack of gratitude
While heaven, like a garden, flow’rs
With God’s Mercy renewed

Renewed for mankind’s hope
He lights earth’s sky-wide wick
Where ev’rything we need to cope
Cuts Darkness to the quick

© Janet Martin

  Again Jesus spoke to them, saying,  
“I am the light of the world. 
Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, 
but will have the light of life.”
 John 8:12



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!