Friday, February 27, 2015

Because Jesus Loves Us So




In an attempt to explain to a little one why it matters beyond bad manners or impoliteness, to not say naughty words, to choose what is good and true and right, no matter who we are, how old or young, it is because Jesus loves us so...

(photo from Uncle Arthur's Bible Bedtime Stories) read the rest of the real story in John 19&20. Isn't that last verse breath-taking?! " But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name."

Who could ask for anything more?

Why do I live to seek to give
The best I can in every day?
Why do I try to choose the right?
Why do I love; why do I pray?
Why do I sing and hope in spite
Of what eye-sight bids me to know?
What in the world am I here for?
Why? Because Jesus loves me so

Why, when wrong seems supreme and strong
And right the meeker, weaker cause
Am I persuaded to press on
Without fame, fortune or applause?
Why, when fierce fear should drown all cheer
Can I with peace face evil’s foe
Comforted beyond death’s cold leer
Why? Because Jesus loves me so

Where unbelief blinds and condemns
Belief rends veils; we love because
Jesus IS life and hope. Amen.
And suffering to His last breath
He died to set doomed sinners free
So, if He loved us unto death;
This Lord of Lords, then shouldn’t we?

© Janet Martin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!