Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thursday Thoughts on Love




With love
Not much else is needed
Without love
Everything isn’t enough

***

With love the smallest task is noble
Each humble home fit for a king
Without love the grandest castle
Is a sham of cold nothing

***

With love
We do not tally
Its effort or its cost
With love
We simply give and give
Leaving the rest to God

***

When all else fails
Trust love

***

When I think of God’s love for me
And what He gave on Calvary
My heart is touched with tender peace
Misgivings fade in sweet release

***

When I think of God’s love for me
And how He died to set me free
It seems foolish to think somehow
That He would overlook us now

***

With love we count our blessings
Without love we count our loss
True love begins with forgiveness of sins
As we behold the cross

***

If we love we have known God

***

Sometimes the weight of this old world
Would get the best of me
But when I hug my little girl
Love wins and sets me free

***

Sometimes life’s disappointments
Seems to come in ten-fold
But it is not so hard to bear
With love’s warm hand to hold

***

It is hard to simply trust
As faith is put to test
But if God so fully loved us
Then He knows what is best
For He did not, without a thought
Give His dear Son to die
But saw past Jesus' Suffering
Even to you and I
So when temptation bids us doubt
Or causes us to grieve
Remember what His promise is
To all who will believe

Janet~  

1 comment:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!