Thursday, November 1, 2012

Extravagant Mother





We had so much
And what we lacked
We didn’t know
Being blessed to heaven and back
Because we had
An extravagant mother
Extravagant with her time
Extravagant with her patience
And extravagant with her love

It never occurred to us back then
Of all she did without
‘Did you get anything for me?’
I still hear eager voices shout
As she returned from a day to town
To purchase necessities
I don’t ever recall her saying
'Don’t touch cause
It’s for me'

We had so much though I suppose
When it came to things
Some of the kids most likely thought
We didn’t have much
Of anything
But I know now
And I thank God
For the blessings he gave us above any other
For we had the beautiful love
Of a very extravagant Mother

© Janet Martin

Happy 70th Birthday, Mom
I love you~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!