Thursday, April 28, 2011

Trying on my Longing


I wish you fell as smoothly from me
As the teardrop from my eye
But I cannot wipe away memories
With words like ‘we’ll write’ or ‘good-bye’

We pack things in boxes only to find
That somewhere along the way
They have left their importance behind
In a shroud of yesterday

Longing slips over my head, then my shoulders
Like a dark blue-velvet dress
Suddenly the night is broader and colder
I shiver beneath its caress

But I cannot touch in its aching mist
That thing I am longing for
I am not even sure what it is
Does it even exist anymore?

The fragrance of you is a wistful presence
It wraps me in a soft blue-gray
Tingeing the night with iridescence
My gown slowly falls away

J~

Today my son discovered that love hurts
As he watched two of his best buddies leave
For their new home almost 2000 miles away…

Tonight I held him as he cried himself to sleep,
My tears mingling with his…yes, love hurts…

Its strange, how we pack chapters of a life into boxes…
Signifying an end…
Then we unpack them…for a new beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!