Monday, April 18, 2011

My Quiet Time


This is my quiet time of day
My time to read and think and pray
While midnight draws its dewy shroud
Where moonlight traces silver cloud
While every little noise is hushed
And harsh outlines are softly brushed
While cares of daylight slip away
Behind a veil of misty gray
While hurried feet slow to a stroll
As midnight’s calm sweeps o’er my soul
While ten-thousand thousand diamonds gleam
Above the beds where children dream
While seekers seek and rovers rove
While weary sleep and lovers love
While some lone dog howls at the moon
And silence strums a wind-stroked tune
I wrap its comfort like a shawl
Around my heart, around my soul
As I read and think and pray
In my quiet time of day

Janet~

1 comment:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!