Wednesday, October 7, 2015

I Recommend Mornings


While every breath of a new day is 'new', there's something about morning that feels newer of all!

New morning muddles through puddles of mist
I'm glad to be here and watch its fresh-kissed
Face grin as God grants Time another chance
And plants the air with the song of its dance

I recommend mornings; what is more grand
Than a page unmarred laid on this scarred land
Where Time, though unsevered is quickly cast
From future to present to Ever-past

Soon morning's splendor surrenders to noon
Soon it is swept from time's threshhold; its tune
Lost in life's shuffle, muffled by the noise
Of Duty and laughter and middle-day joys

But now morning splashes through puddles and mist
It draws back the sashes; night fades when kissed
And I'm glad God covers the Past with His grace
As morning soft-tumbles from His embrace

Janet Martin


 In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. 
Ps.5:3








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!