Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Willing Will of Moments





The willing will of moments
Nudges to yonder deep
The intricate atonement
For all we cannot keep

The very thing we pine for
Burns, constant in our touch
To feed hope’s holy hunger
With teeny moment-cups

They never fully empty
Though all comes but to pass
The willing will of moments
Like shadows on the grass

…suggests a certain presence
Of all we cannot grasp
The very thing we pine for
Slip-slipping through our clasp

© Janet Martin
 Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

2 Cor.4:16-18

4 comments:

  1. So lovely. I would love to watch you write. I have a feeling this just spills forth from you. Always touches heart and soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw Monica, thank-you:) ...this one did because as I was keenly missing what no longer is it suddenly struck me how in a sense I'm grasping at shadows while the Presence of past slips...your words always encourage. thank-you again and here's to success in your new venture:)

      Delete
  2. I love the juxtaposition of those words: momentary/eternal, light/weight, affliction/glory. And in that comparison there is no comparison. Our Creator is a poet. Alleluia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. often I marvel, whether reading His word or taking a walk, at what a Poet/Artist we serve!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!