Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Where Surf Falls Prey...






PAD Challenge day 12: For today’s prompt, write a poem for and/or about something that cannot be seen.

Oh my, those crazy things you do
I tremble at the thought of you
Though you are there and I am here
The proof of you is in my tear

How is it that a storm can wage
Beneath my skin; the heart a stage
Where seasons not of sun-rain-lore
Unfurls the girl of yore once more

…and there she is and there are you
With velvet lips, eyes surprised blue
While fingertips I cannot see
Ravage the very heart of me

Ah, I can be undone with naught
But oceans rushing through my thought
Where surf falls prey to Never-clocks
That closes doors and seals its locks

© Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!