Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Thought's Timeless Ways



On Saturday I had the pleasure of entertaining four Disney princesses for tea. Before they ate I asked a blessing and they giggled as I choked up on 'God, bless these girls for they truly are princesses, daughters of a King'. (They simply have no idea of that bittersweet twinge on mother-heartstrings:)

PAD Challenge Day 11:
Today is a Tuesday–so “2 for Tuesday” prompt time. Here they are:
  1. Write a timely poem.
  2. Write a timeless poem.
The way your lashes brush your cheek
robs me of words; I cannot speak
for I know soon moments will draw
you from my arms; this is Time's law
then I will close my eyes; recall
the swift innocence of it all
...and how Thought's timeless ways embrace
the hours no one can replace

Janet~

2 comments:

  1. So Precious indeed!
    They DID tell me about the food!! :))
    Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...such a precious time. They didn't know I was storing away their giggles and peeks as I shooed them out of the kitchen and still they would peek around the corner asking, 'is it almost ready? We're starving! (princess or not!)Those platters were licked clean.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you always for your visit and your thoughts.