Tuesday, November 4, 2014

This Thing Uncommon



 h-m-m-m, I caught myself thinking as I stared at those same olds...same old tree, same old fence same old...no wait! Brand new morning!

As far as I can tell
As far as I can see
This morning looks a lot like mornings sealed in history
Darkness dissolves the shell
That cups daylight; sets free
Something, as far as I can tell that looks common to me

But this, no one has seen
For it has never been
This day of days that comes but once and will not pass again
Unfolds gray-gold that seeps
From yon to soldered deeps
T’will grace but once Time’s way, oh pray it may not pass in vain

For who of us can tell
And who of us can see
How near the tolling of a bell that quells mortality?
But this no one has seen
For it has never been
Come, come, this uncommon morning beckons to you and me

© Janet Martin

 Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Ps. 90:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!