Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Keep This Where I Won't Forget You



PAD Challenge day 5: For today’s prompt, take the phrase “Keep This (blank),” replace the blank with a word or phrase, make the new phrase the title of your poem, and then, write your poem.

Often no matter how I vow
To keep a memory, it slips
like little leaves from autumn's bough
noiseless beneath Time's fingertips
as new impassioned pleas insist
'keep me' ; you fade into the mist

...of far away and long before
the why's and wherefores of today
but sometimes through Past's soldered door
it seems I hear the echoes splay
of long-forgotten this and that
stoking the air where once we sat

...and I was sure I'd ever keep
you where nothing can claim you, but
deft moments rearrange the deep
obliterating what I thought
I sealed where nothing could invade
the place where memories are laid

...but oh, that ever-forward clock
is such a giver as it steals
with nothing but its tick and tock
it unlocks vaults and refills reels
that once I rendered to the kiss
Of vows; "I'll never forget this"

 Janet~
 
Sometimes an unexpected Something sparks memories of days and moments long-forgotten; on Sunday morning after the congregation finished singing a worship song a little girl held in her daddy's arms cupped his face between her baby-hands and declared in pure delightful charm, "and that's what makes God happy, right daddy?'
It reminded me of days when our kids were little and would say things I vowed never to forget...but did;-(

2 comments:

  1. ohhh those photos....soooooo touching! Did you cry writing this? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, I didn't really cry...super-fond memories though:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!