Thursday, November 20, 2014

I'll (We'll) Never Know the Whole Of What I (We) Hold...



PAD Challenge Day 20:For today’s prompt, take the phrase “I’ll Never (blank),” replace the blank with a word or phrase, make the new phrase the title of your poem, and then, write the new poem.

I'll never know the whole of what I hold in my embrace
Or if what I deem as 'the worst' are stepping stones of grace
And while my thought may hunger for an explanation where
*Life's suffering perplexes; still I know that God is there

I'll never fully understand the what and why of Love
How *God so rich in mercy sent His own Son from above
So that His sinless form could bear our awful sin and pride
Yet this I know, that by His death God's wrath was satisfied

I'll never have the words to quite explain my deepest thought
Concerning Love, the heart is stirred, my tongue stutters with naught
This winnowing of days, my dear, oft leaves my mouth stretched wide
With silent air as I am stripped of Explanation's pride

I'll never walk alone, by this sure promise I can face
Whatever time and life spills to Love's steppingstones of grace
And though my understanding groans in spite of hope and prayer
One thing that I am certain of is this; our God is there

Janet~

*I am asking for prayer again for my brother Dave and family. Karen is in hospital with infection and recurring complications due to an accident over 20 years ago. My brother Dave is also struggling with some health uncertainties. He has another MRI this Sat. They have ruled out a brain tumor, praise God, but they have not yet determined what that spot on his brain is...He is feeling better but not best. thank-you for your prayers thus far!

*But God so rich in mercy', isn't that a great picture?!
 But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),… Eph.2:4-5

(In staying true to the challenge I used  'I'll and my' but it can easily be switched to 'we'll and our')


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!