Monday, November 10, 2014

Heart Trouble



 PAD Challenge day 10:For today’s prompt, take the phrase “(blank) Trouble,” replace the blank with a word or phrase, make the new phrase the title of your poem, and write the poem.

Tremble and do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent. Ps. 4:4

I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Ps.119:11

The law of their God is in their hearts; their feet do not slip. Ps.37:31

I desire to do your will, my God; your law is within my heart."  Ps.40:8



The terrible terror of sin
That seeks to lord within
 Oh where can we begin
To break its hold apart
Your Word, your word oh God
Is like a mighty rod
Where weakness can be shod
With armies in the heart

The lion of the deep
Roams to and fro to seek
The struggling one, the weak
To deceive and devour
Your Word, your Word, oh Lord
Is like a two-edged sword
It slays dark demon-hoards
With sacred, sovereign power

The spirit is willing but oh
The flesh is feeble, so
To God’s word we must go
To battle fiends of hell
Your Word, your Word, Jesus
Kindly, gently frees us
Where vice trembles, teases
You whisper ‘it is well’

© Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!