Saturday, November 8, 2014

Blindly and Blue...





PAD Challenge day 8: write a blind poem

Sometimes I wonder if it’s you
That comes to me blindly and blue
To press in urgent tenderness
Where only whispers can caress
A bivouac of afternoons
Elusive as a world of Junes
Where we fell victim to a clock
That sealed the field we used to walk
And stole the years we thought were long
Before the roar of season-song
Closed doors we didn’t even see
While we bloomed wild and fancy-free
With spice of life burning our tongues
Because we were in love and young
With dreams to spare and time to waste
Before the air was full of haste
While love was blindly, kindly true
…sometimes I wonder if it’s you
That comes to me blindly and blue
To wonder if I miss you too

© Janet Martin



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!