Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Poem-lets on The Unknown...



Image source:  longpauses.com

We cannot see the Unknown
It looms, dark and large
But we are not alone
And God is in charge

 ***
What lies ahead?
We cannot tell
But with God at the lead
It will be well

***

The unknown persists
An unyielding sky
But mankind exists
Beneath God's watchful eye

***

My faith is scarce
Half a mustard seed
But God knows and cares
For every need

***

The Unknown presides
But one thing I know
God’s Presence abides
Wherever I go

© Janet Martin

Psalms 139
4 Before a word is on my tongue
   you, LORD, know it completely.
5 You hem me in behind and before,
   and you lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
   too lofty for me to attain...

 23 Search me, God, and know my heart;
   test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
   and lead me in the way everlasting.



3 comments:

  1. Your faith-filled poetry often helps get my day off to the right kind of start! Loved this one. Yes, God's presence does indeed abide...and sometimes through the people who touch our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you Mary...these poems are most often written as a reminder to myself:)Thank-you for touching my life with your constant encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could preach with such power.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!