Friday, March 9, 2012

Lunar Torment

Tonight I allow you to take me
For I can no longer resist
Desire out-weighs common senses
Wrap me in your ocean of mist

Tonight I need more than a promise
Whispered through my window-pane
Tomorrow gleams on the horizon
Oh, let not this night pass in vain

Tonight you spread over my being
Translucent; you taunt, I beseech
But all I can hear is you breathing
In oceans that I cannot reach

J~

I had all the lights turned out.
I was going to bed...
and then I looked out through my bedroom window at the sky!
I ignored the clock and went outside...heaven like this waits for no one
and morning can steal it away! 

9 comments:

  1. You are such an incurable romantic, Janet! I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the inspiration!

    http://perainopoetry.blogspot.com/2012/03/oh-lunar-bulb-with-reddish-glare-young.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the romance of your poem
    The allure and attraction
    So beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brad, Your poem is beautiful!

    HA, yes, I am...isn't it a grand way to live?

    Ella, I have read your poem at least four times! You waited to write 'the moon' until she gifted you the perfect words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! "oceans I cannot reach" really struck me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY beautiful! I especially love the last two lines!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kat and Sherry, thank-you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes the last two lines are magnificent and really give this great poem an ending to remember.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!