Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lover


 image source: cruzine.com

You call me
Stalwart figure luring
Me to your faithful, strong, out-stretched arms

Like a tree
Planted by the water
Your roots run deep, grounded in my heart

Oh my love
The seasons leave their mark
But you grow more beautiful with time

Take me now
Let me rest in your boughs
Of brawny strength bending with the storm

© Janet Martin 

Prompt from Poetic Blooms
 Parallelogram de Crystalline is a poetry form created by Karan Naidu. This form consists of 4 verses of 3 lines each. The syllable count for each stanza is 3, 6, 9. In this style of poem, the beauty of a person is usually compared with nature and described in those terms…


4 comments:

  1. Such longing in this, just beautiful. And you've completely transformed this form, breathed life into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you Sasha. This was fun, wasn't it?
    ...now it's back to laundry and spring cleaning ...until another thought bites;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I wish I was amazing...I'm just plain CRAZY!!!;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!