Monday, March 26, 2012

Earth's Treasure-chest

The pearl of noon’s raindrop bedazzling the grass
The diamond of dew on frothed meadows of glass
A halo of gold in dawn’s warm, gleaming crown
Soft amethyst fold in still evening’s night-gown
The silver of mist as it drapes on earth’s slope
The sapphire bliss of July’s calliope
The jade and the onyx of fir tree and pine
The ruby that spills from the bud on the vine
The garnet of lips, kissing and smiling
The moonstone of cloud-ships and lilies beguiling
The opal of rainbow, the topaz of your gaze
The emerald flow of  fresh, summer-sweet days...
...I may be a beggar, yet rich as a king
As I behold treasures of nature's fair things

© Janet Martin

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Janet! This speaks to my very soul. Such shimmering gems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful and beautiful poem. I'm so glad that I happened upon your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!