Saturday, March 3, 2012

Disguises


We pretend to wait out
the wall of tears
pouring from the awning
onto the sidewalk
Streetlights gleam
...fuzzy golden globes
against the onyx air
while we are warmed by
the touching of fingertips
prolonging the agony
of thought
drifting
like sheet music on the wind
Lost ballad of
an hour bent with
farewell
No one can tell
as the same rain
washes our cheeks
in salty grief
that you will turn left
while I turn right
No one really knows
what happens
on a rainy night

J~

5 comments:

  1. Oh--lovely write! I found you through PoetsUnited---

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. I do love a rainy night. Good way to feel and maybe not think about the mysteries taking place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you Audrey and Anthony,
    Nice to 'meet' you Audrey!
    Anthony, I agree with you, there is something about a rainy night, unlike any other:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a melancholy write on a rainy night ~

    No one knows but we can guess maybe
    :-)

    Have a good week ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much can happen on a rainy night...and rain and tears can mix.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!