Carrie has tagged me in blogger tag. I have loved getting to know Carrie through her amazing talent shared at Hope Whispers. So, Here goes!
The Rules Are:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 11 fun facts about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 11 more to ask the ones you tag.
4. Tag however many bloggers you wish.
5. Let them know they are tagged.
6. Have fun!!
11 Fun Facts About Me!
1. Black Coffee is my all-time favorite beverage.
2. I went to see a movie in a theater for the first time last year.
3. I went to see a movie in a theater for the second time this year, and walked out part-way through! (lesson: DO RESEARCH!) Wanderlust starring Jennifer Anniston is a new low for Hollywood!
4. I don't think there are 11 fun facts about me:) okay that's cheating. I like black jelly-beans.
5. I am left-handed to write and right-handed for everything else.
6. I prefer dandelion bouquets from a child to a dozen roses from a florist.
7. I don't care for chocolate
8. I love playing the harmonica
9. I love the sound of rain-fall
10. I've never been on an airplane.
11. I wear my hair up in a clip 99% of the time.
My answers to Carrie's Questions
1. What is your funniest embarassing moment? A few weeks ago as I was leaving the restaurant I paused at a bowl of ju-jubes and jelly beans put there for guests to help themselves on the way out. I felt the eyes of someone next to me watching as I fished for the black ones, so I looked up, winked a little and said 'I like the black ones'. He threw back his head and ROARED with laughter!!! (He was a lovely African-American gentleman) I didn't realize what amused him until I was walking out, then it hit me. I know he heard me laughing:) He didn't see me flat out on the step outside trying to get my breath;))
2. What inspires you most to write a story or poem. Many things inspire me, but God's creation in its limitless wonder and glory inspires over and over and over!
3. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you choose to go? There are so many places I want to see!!! How can I choose just one? H-m-m-m, I'm thinking...I'd like to see the ocean!...oh, let's throw in the Alps and Mount Kilimanjaro while we're at it:)
4. Is there a series on T.V. that you always record so you will not miss it? I've never recorded anything in my life so I can watch it. I don't really watch TV very much.
5. How would you finish this sentence? "the love of my life is..._poetry ( there are too many people I love dearly)_____".
6. What do you imagine heaven to be like? I've tried imagining a crystal sea and golden streets and many mansions, but a real picture evades me, so then I try to imagine what God on His Throne will look like and still I cannot see. All I can see is me, bowing before Him.
7. What is your first memory as a very small child? I remember NOT wanting a nap and I remember the quilt! Mom says she thinks I was two years old.
8. How old were you when you wrote your first poem? I think I was eight.
9. If you could go on a vacation today, who would you take with you and why?
I would take hubby. There is no one else in the world I can be more myself with, in spite of our differences.
10. Is there a food that you just cannot eat? Rare steak.
11. Have you ever witnessed a miracle? Yes! Four times, at the birth of each of our children!
11 things I would Like to Know About You...
I liked some of Carrie's questions so I'm going to 'borrow' a few...
1. What is your first memory as a small child?
2. What do you like to 'sneak' when no one is looking?
3. What is your favorite 'writing snack'?
4. Who is your hero?
5. What is your favorite kind of footwear?
6. When did you realize you NEED to write?
7. Who is your best friend?
8. What is your favorite color to wear?
9. Do you have a favorite TV show?
10. If you were stranded on an island who would you like to be stranded with?
11. What inspires you to write more than anything?
Now here are a few friends I would like to share the fun with:
(I understand if there is anyone not wanting to jump on the ride....no worries at all!....just want you to know you are considered for the fun.)
Gotcha, You're IT!!!
Mary at In the Corner of my Eye...
Laurie at Conversations with Laurie
Brenda at It's a Beautiful Life
Sherry at STARDREAMING with Sherry Blue Sky
The Happy Amateur at The Happy Amateur