Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Blind Trust

 Image source:  christ.com

We cannot see what we hope for
All we can do is trust
In He who tips the jars of Heav’n
To water this earth’s dust

His wells of goodness and mercy
Are never parched or dry
Above, beneath, beside us
Is His all-beholding eye

Dare we to question He who bars
The cloud into its realm-
In perfect order scatters stars
Upon the floors of Heaven?

Life’s threshing floor oft we misjudge
As we cry out to God
Vain chaff He longs to purge from us
Love wields His earnest rod

We cannot see what we hope for
Nor understand the thought
Of He who laid the universe
Into a sea of naught

How mighty is the One we trust
He turns the tide of seasons
He clothes the earth, waters the dust
And loves us beyond reason

© Janet Martin

Then the LORD spoke to Job out of the storm. He said:
  “Who is this that obscures my plans
   with words without knowledge?
 Brace yourself like a man;
   I will question you,
   and you shall answer me.
 4“Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
   Tell me, if you understand. Job 38 1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!