Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pondering Love


If we were assured of our children’s love
As often as we tell God of ours
Tell me, would it be enough
As long as time and life endures
If the children that we hold
Would show us in the self-same measure
Their devotion, shy or bold
Tell me, would it give us pleasure
As they told us of their love
Like we tell God; would it be enough?

If our children spent the time for us
We spend upon our knees to pray
If they in all exact amounts
Gave us what we give God each day
Would we be assured of their love?
Would our cups fill and overflow?
Tell me, would it be enough
What we give God; for us below
Would we bow when light is dim
Fulfilled with what we give to Him?

Janet~

1 comment:

  1. What an excellent picture of looking at how much (or how little)we let God know that we love Him!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!