Sunday, June 5, 2011

Blue

I would paint tonight if I could, with you
For it is such a perfect night
But silence does not have a true shade of blue
Charcoal and gray do not capture it quite
They have not yet created the essence of mist
Lying on pastures, too timid for streets
The air has a subtle and piquant twist
The wind lulls the insomniac counting sheep
And I trace the outline of you with a brush
Determined to give it my uttermost try
But I cannot capture the somnolent hush
Or the night, in the soft gaze of your eye
I would paint tonight, if I could, with you
For it is not good to be alone
But the night is unwilling to be captured in blue
And blue is the only color I own

Janet~

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed… How many times I’m left wishing there was another color, as I try to work with blue. Very insightful. You must be a painter too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!