Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Before Today's Unknown Begins...

Before I could get this morning's poem up
today's unknowns began to emerge;
some ever-so-cute-and-sweetly!!


Grand-sonny was so amused and intrigued by the black thing with a
curly string attached to it, and gramma talked to it!!


I put it to his ear so he could hear grandpa!
(Grandpa is one of his favs!)


Thank-you God, for so many blessings 
but best of all, Your Word
to light life's path every day!
Below, part of today's 'Lamplight'...




Before duty’s demands consume our time and energy
Before life’s brunt of cares vexes idyllic poetry
Before fresh break of day is drawn away by moment-steads
Or brushed aside, like toast-crumbs to a tide of wants and needs

Before Today’s Unknown begins to emerge into view
And lessons yet to learn challenge what once we thought we knew
Before what none can trick or tame is snuffed like candlelight
And tucked beneath a quilt pieced with patchwork of morn-to-night

Before we rush headlong into the fray of say-and-do
We should remember who we should surrender today to
And touch the hem of He who said ‘Thy faith has made thee whole’
He who is Giver and Taker and Keeper of each soul

Before we forge ahead where truth and temptation compete
Pray, Lord, we lift Your word to be a lamp unto our feet
A light unto our path, so, in whatever life may bring
Our souls may find sweet refuge in the shadow of Your Wing

© Janet Martin

tackling some end-of-season harvest this afternoon!


Psalm 63:5-8

My soul is satisfied as with the richest of foods;

with joyful lips my mouth will praise You.

6When I remember You on my bed,

I think of You through the watches of the night.

7For You are my help;

I will sing for joy in the shadow of Your wings.

8My soul clings to You;

Your right hand upholds me.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!