Thursday, May 11, 2023

This Little Flicker of a Tree

 



Sometimes dread tries to drive a wedge between joy and hope’s promises
Sometimes it tries to trump the pledge of mercy’s renewed faithfulness
Or darken the doorway of dawn with doubt and fear for the unknown
Until I hear the voice of One who whispers ‘You are not alone’

Sometimes the weight of creature care could rob me of would-be delight
Love’s load in constant need of prayer, life’s road a walk by faith, not sight
Sometimes the winds and waves of love could defeat courage thoroughly
Until I am reminded of ‘no longer I, but Christ in me’

Sometimes a formless enemy hisses and kindles vain debate
This liar tries to threaten me with Logic while God whispers ‘wait
Where sometimes discouragement bends this little flicker of a tree
Until I cry to God who sends angels to minister to me

© Janet Martin




Jer.17:5-8
This is what the Lord says:
“Cursed is the one who trusts in man,
who draws strength from mere flesh
and whose heart turns away from the Lord.
6 That person will be like a bush in the wastelands;
they will not see prosperity when it comes.
They will dwell in the parched places of the desert,
in a salt land where no one lives.

7 “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord,
whose confidence is in him.
8 They will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit.”

This cross in the sky felt like a tangible whisper this morning!!


Psalm 147:1
Praise[a] the Lord!
For it is good to sing praises to our God;
For it is pleasant, and praise is beautiful.

God's Precious Promises- Dr. Charles Stanley





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!