Saturday, November 19, 2022

Unplumbed Knowledge (Too Wonderful For Me)


Inspired by Psalm 139
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
 Psalm 139:6

O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me. v.1

Search me, O God, and know my heart: 
try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me 
and lead me in the way everlasting. v.23-24



There is no fooling You
Lord, you know all our ways
While we were knitted in the womb
You beheld all our days
While we were being wrought
You knew us every one
Before a thought became a thought
Before a deed was done
Your knowledge hemmed us in
Behind, beside, before
Beneath the shadow of your Wing
You keep us evermore

Lord, we are fearfully
And wonderfully made
You know the place intimately
Where thought and choice are weighed
You search and know each heart
Nothing is hid from you
For you fashioned our inmost part
Before one breath we drew
Then, search where you have searched
Lest wicked ways remain
Lest craftiness of pride is perched
Where worship is made vain

Lord, lead us in the way
Of everlasting life
Shield us from the cunning buffet
Of vanity’s vain strife
But purify our hearts
To praise you more and more
Your goodness and mercy imparts
All we are thirsting for
Your thoughts; what preciousness
To think that they should be
Of us, oh, Lord, such knowledge is
Too wonderful for me

© Janet Martin








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!