Thursday, November 10, 2022

Tug of Ink


PAD Challenge day 10: For today's prompt, write a struggle poem.

To board dawn's gleaming barge
While seasons ebb and flow...



To know when to say ‘yes’
To know when to say ‘no’
To hold to hope and happiness
Amidst love’s letting go

So much to touch and kiss
So much that used to be
So much to balance with the bliss
Of unpenned poetry

Today is always new
Immune it seems, to age
Let’s never grow too old to woo
Its poetry to page

Let’s slow dance, cheek to cheek
What is to be will be
Enough, my love to learn to speak
In tongues of poetry

Let the masses deploy
Long ladders to success
Enough, my love, to feast on joy
Of poem happiness

To press past the façade
Of front-line highs and lows
And to feel the *pleasure of God
In poems to compose

To board dawn’s gleaming barge
While seasons ebb and flow
To stay true to the humble charge
Of life’s ink undertow

© Janet Martin

"When I run, I feel God's pleasure" Eric Liddell


Acts 17:28
‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ 
As some of your own poets have said,
 ‘We are his offspring.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!