Monday, November 21, 2022

My 'I Shall Not Want' Want-list


I want to see the beauty in each day that He has made...



Our world is completely winterized where only two weeks ago 
I took a long walk admiring the remnant foliage of fall...



And just like that, with the snow
thoughts of Christmas start to take center stage
where want and wish lists also begin to take shape...

While gifts are nice and delightful expressions of love,
as we grow older, we realize more and more
 that what satisfies our Want cannot be unwrapped from
pretty paper and ribbons.

The Lord is my Shepherd.
I shall not want...
Ps. 23:1

Without refreshment and renewal found in God's Word alone.
our want lists are apt to run a bit askew,
and discouragement would drain
our 'joy complete'

John 15:9-11
“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. 
Now remain in my love. 
10If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love,
 just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 
11I have told you this so that my joy may be in you 
and that your joy may be complete.








To remember the empty tomb: Christ conquered death and hell


And when I die, I want to hear the sweetest words I know

© Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!