Monday, September 26, 2022

Warriors of Poetry

 

My, my but life/love can be a hard-fought Poem!

Sometimes the empty page mocks the Poet
where frontline/first line footage thunders
like an unanswered prayer!


Each morning is like an empty page
waiting the Poem of Today.


First daylight's swift splash of sunrise has yielded\to just plain Rain Splash!


What will Ink and Quill spill today?


There is much more than meets the page
Of ink-blood left to spill
Surrender, facing center stage
Wears so much rebel still

Between the brute force of desire
And Wonder’s work-day frame
Smolder the embers of a fire
Font yet must fan to flame

Duty and beauty spar and meld
Like diamond-dazzled dust
While angst of prayer-answers withheld
Mold scaffoldings of trust

Sometimes a rhyme’s futility
Mocks the poet at war
With the very same enemy
That Eve did not ignore

My, my, the bloom of love can smart
The thorn that holds the rose
Can rip a hole right through the heart
With what God only knows

The fancy footwork of farewell
Kicks at the pricks; where verse
Is not enough to quench or quell
The blessing (or the curse)

Where age old agonies persist
And ink cannot assuage
The oceanic weight of mist
Waiting to spill to page

…as so much more than we can see
Roars through frontlines of air
While warriors of poetry
Must choose which hues to snare


© Janet Martin


Psalm 51:10

Create in me a clean heart, O God; 
and renew a right spirit within me.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!