Wednesday, September 7, 2022

(Re)-Commitment-Creed


This is no average Cause we are called to
and accountable for!
This is our reply to the Creator of Heaven


 and earth

To the Saviour of the Soul!



Not as some rigid to-do list
Nor with reluctant ‘yes’
Or because ‘Duty doth insist’
Nor for self-righteousness

Not for the sake of pious rites
That loveless deeds employ
But because heart and soul delights
In serving You with joy

With gratitude, humble and kind
With love, to find my place
With all of heart, soul, strength and mind
Devoted to Your grace

Lord, because of the awful price
You undertook to pay
Make me a living sacrifice
On altars of Today

© Janet Martin

Rom.12:1
Therefore I urge you, brothers and sisters, 
by the mercies of God, 
to present your bodies as a living and holy sacrifice, 
acceptable to God, 
which is your spiritual service of worship.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!