Wednesday, July 10, 2019

A Giant Leap in the Right Direction




Today, if we would be the way God wishes us to be
Let’s try to be a little kinder to our fellowman
Where fundamental need is kindred whether we agree
On how or what should be done when; let’s do the best we can
To do to others as we would that they would do to us
And not fuss, fret or fume because of difference in style
But simply love each other with the kindness of Jesus
Instead of criticism let’s encourage more, and smile
Let’s be content instead of lament and jealousy-cursed
Instead of rude impatience let’s be more gracious and meek
Instead of me-me-me let’s put the need of others first
And oh, let’s think a little more before we simply speak

© Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!