Saturday, June 7, 2014

Birthday Thoughts...





I could repeat that well-worn phrase of how time flies and slips too fast
From days; or I could stand and pine for phantom shadows it has cast
Or I can pause and count the awesome gifts God grants in countless ways
Instead of silent sorrowing for what Past seals within its haze

I could persist in being kissed by wishing for what cannot be
Or I can celebrate the love of God in glad humility
For happiness is not a trait of physical accomplishment
But a learned ‘in whatever state I am therewith to be content’

I could lament for years long-spent, or covet what cannot be mine
Or I can learn, Time’s no return is unrelenting in design
And I can choose to live, laugh, love and ever make of it, the best
For none can tell when grief’s farewell will usher in our final rest

© Janet Martin 

Celebrating 48 years of Jesus' love!

2 comments:

  1. Janet, happy birthday!Here's to many many more wonderful happy years. Wishing you lots of laughter and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you, dear encouraging friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!