Friday, February 1, 2013

Our Utmost Need





For all the things that we could ask
Of Thee, Father above
I pray that each one here below
May have someone to love

Oh Lord, to love and to be loved
Is our utmost need
Things cannot fill what true love will
So Lord, for love I plead

Abundant are life’s blessings, Lord
For which we give Thee thanks
But love and the sweet joy it brings
Fills in life’s wanton blanks

For all the things that we could ask
Of Thee Father above
I pray that there will be no one
Without someone to love

© Janet Martin



2 comments:

  1. Such a compassionate and beautiful blessing to be asked for, Janet. So special. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannah, thank-you for your visit and your words!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!